COVID-19: What we’re doing to protect our community
Updated Friday 3 November, 2023
Protecting your health and safety
The health and safety of our staff and customers are our highest priority. Therapy Focus continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and we’re taking steps to reduce the transmission of the virus.
Persons with disability have always been at greater risk of serious illness and death from COVID-19. As an organisation that works with vulnerable people, we take COVID-19 very seriously.
We understand that you may have questions or concerns about how we are managing COVID-19. This page provides information about the steps we are taking to protect the health and well-being of our staff, customers and community.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with your therapy team, or call us on 1300 135 373.
What we’re doing
- All Therapy Focus employees are encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have undertaken hygiene and infection control training.
- If any of our staff test positive for COVID-19 they are required to work from home for a minimum of 5 days from the date of the positive test or until asymptomatic. Any therapy appointments will be facilitated via Teletherapy (if possible) or rescheduled.
- Most of our services are available via Teletherapy. If that is your preferred method of delivery, please speak with your therapy team.
- We are actively following updates and advice from the State and Federal Governments
What we ask you to do
- Let us know if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms as soon as possible
- Reschedule your appointment or request a teletherapy appointment if you are unwell
- Practice good hand hygiene and use our supplied hand sanitiser when visiting our offices
Face masks are not mandatory in Western Australia, however, hospitals, healthcare settings and high-risk settings may have face mask policies for employees and visitors.
Therapy Focus provides all staff with surgical masks and recommends they are worn during face-to-face contact with customers and visitors.
We recognise that masks are not necessary for all circumstances and can sometimes get in the way of therapy. In these instances, masks may be removed.
If you have a respiratory illness, are immunocompromised, or would prefer that your therapist wear a mask, please let them know. They will be happy to accommodate your request.
Therapy Focus staff may also wear a mask based on their preferences or circumstances.
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is a safe and effective way to protect yourself, your family and the community. COVID-19 vaccines are free for eligible Western Australians.
You can find more information and book a vaccination on the Roll up for WA website.
Our services can be accessed online or over the phone via teletherapy. You can learn more about teletherapy and its benefits here.
Not sure how to get set up for teletherapy? You can find detailed instructions here. If you need technical support, let your therapist know and they will connect you with our IT Team for assistance.
Need more info?
The Department of Health website provides up-to-date information about COVID-19. This includes advice on how to protect yourself and your family, as well as symptoms to look for and when to get tested.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) website provides information about COVID-19 in easy English and other languages. There is also helpful advice for NDIS participants and people living with disability more broadly.
We have compiled a list of links to information and resources provided by key organisations that may be helpful. View the list here.
We're stronger together
By working together, we can ensure there is as little disruption to your therapy as possible.
Our therapists are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our customers, and delivering consistent, high quality therapy services during the ongoing pandemic.
If you have any questions or need any support, please contact us on 1300 135 373.