Our Travel Policy
How we charge for travel
We come to you
Research shows that providing therapy in everyday environments leads to better outcomes and makes a difference in your everyday life. Our therapists travel to the locations where you want to receive services, including your home, school, workplace and in community settings.
Our Travel Charges
We charge 85 cents per kilometre and the time it takes your therapist to travel to and from an appointment from their regular place of work.*
Travel in the Perth metropolitan area and some regional centres:
- The maximum we charge for travel per session is 30 minutes each way.
- We will not use more than 20% of NDIS funding you allocate to Therapy Focus for travel.
Travel in regional areas:
- The maximum we charge for travel per session is 60 minutes each way.
- We will not use more than 40% of NDIS funding you allocate to Therapy Focus for travel.
Travel in remote and very remote areas:
- If we have an office in your area, the maximum we will charge for travel is 60 minutes each way.
- If we don’t have an office in your area and it will take more than 2 hours for your therapist to travel to and from an appointment, we will discuss this with you and provide a quote.
*Please note that therapists delivering specialist services may charge travel from a different office location to your usual therapy team.
We reduce travel costs by:
Where possible, we book appointments with other customers in your area on the same day to reduce travel costs.
When we see several customers in the same location or area, the time it takes to travel there and the cost of travel is shared evenly between those customers. This reduces the cost to individuals and makes it fair for everyone.
We have more than 20 office locations throughout the wider Perth metropolitan area, in the South West and other regional areas of Western Australia. You can also choose to come into one of our clinics to receive services.
Where possible, you can choose to receive services online and over the phone via Teletherapy.
Travel times are determined by geographical areas in the Modified Monash Model (MM), which is used in the NDIS Price Guide. A map of the Modified Monash Model areas can be found on the Department of Health DoctorConnect website, which provides a tool to look up the MM area for particular locations.
Want to know more?
Have a question? Want to know more about how we charge for travel? Our friendly team are happy to help.