Our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated Friday 2 July at 3:50pm
Face-to-face therapy sessions will recommence Monday 5 July.
The WA State Government has announced that the four day Perth and Peel lockdown will end at 12.01am Saturday 3 July.
As a result, we are pleased to advise that all Therapy Focus offices will re-open on Monday 5 July, with face-to-face therapy sessions going ahead as planned.
Protecting your health and safety
We are strictly following advice from the State Government and adhering to the interim restrictions that will be in place as part of the transition out of lockdown.
What we are doing:
- Staff have been provided with personal protective equipment and masks will be worn at all times.
- Physical contact is limited to what is essential for therapy. Our staff will adhere to the 4 square metre rule in offices and therapists will always seek permission before entering homes or touching customers.
- We will regularly check in with customers regarding their health, particularly before any face-to-face sessions and appointments.
- We are following advice provided by the Department of Health regarding hygiene and infection control. This includes disinfecting workspaces and resources regularly, providing hand sanitiser at offices, and washing hands frequently.
- Staff will continue to work from home where suitable.
What you can do:
- Please wear face masks during all appointments and therapy sessions to protect the health and safety of our team. This includes appointments in your home. Children under 12 do not have to wear masks, as per the State Government guidelines.
- All visitors to our offices must check-in using the COVID Safe WA app or sign-in sheet.
- Please use hand sanitiser before, during and after appointments and therapy sessions.
During these unprecedented times, the health and safety of our community is our priority. If you have concerns we encourage you to contact our Customer Experience Team on 1300 135 373.
COVID- 19 vaccinations
The COVID-19 vaccination program is currently underway in WA. Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is a safe and effective way to protect yourself, your family and the community. COVID-19 vaccines are free for everyone in Australia.
High priority groups, including people with disability with complex needs in residential accommodation, were offered the vaccine as part of Phase 1a of the rollout. Some people with disability and paid and unpaid carers will be offered the vaccine as part of Phase 1b.
You can find out when you’re able to get the vaccine by using the Department of Health’s COVID-19 vaccine eligibility checker.
Under Phase 1B of the program, workers currently employed by disability service providers are also eligible to receive the vaccine. At Therapy Focus, our employees are encouraged and supported to be vaccinated. We are actively following updates from the State and Federal Governments to ensure our staff receive the latest health information and can access vaccines as soon they become available.
We understand that some may not feel comfortable with face-to-face therapy sessions. During these challenging and uncertain times, our services can be accessed online or over the phone via teletherapy. You can learn more about teletherapy and its benefits here.
Not sure how to get setup for teletherapy? You can find detailed instructions here. If you need technical support, let your therapist know and they will connect you with our IT Team for assistance.
Need more info?
The Australian Government’s Department of Health website provides up-to-date information about COVID-19. This includes advice on how to protect yourself and your family, as well as symptoms to look for and when to get tested.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) website provides information about COVID-19 in easy English and other languages. There is also helpful advice for NDIS participants and people living with disability more broadly.
We have compiled a list of links to information and resources provided by key organisations that may be helpful. Access them here.
We're stronger together
By working together, we can ensure there is as little disruption to your therapy as possible.
Our therapists are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our customers, and delivering consistent, high quality therapy services during this challenging time.
If you have any questions or need any support, please contact our Customer Experience Tea, on 1300 135 373.