Change can be daunting. We help people with disabilities navigate the transitions in life and manage change.
Our team of qualified therapists and support staff help children and adults, their families and carers develop strategies to manage transitions to new environments. Examples of transitions we can provide support for include:
- Starting kindergarten for the first time
- Moving to primary school and high school
- Leaving high school to pursue further education, training or work opportunities
- Moving from the family home to respite or shared accommodation
Support can include:
- Establishing routines, schedules and work systems
- Developing specific skills required for the new environment e.g. reading a high school/university timetable or following classroom instructions
- Public transport training
- Collaboration with key people in the new environment to better support the individual
- Provision of assistive technology and equipment
How we work
Our therapy teams work collaboratively to deliver evidence-based therapy services that help people with disabilities achieve their goals in life.
Service delivery is flexible and tailored to the unique needs of each individual, their family and carers.
Our services can be accessed through a range of funding options. We can help you find out if you’re eligible and provide further information about the options available.