Researchers from Western Sydney, Sydney and Curtin Universities, are running a study exploring the experiences of young adults living with intellectual disability.
What is this project about?
• Social and employment activities can be harder for young people with intellectual
disability, particularly if they have additional health needs.
• Limited self-care skills and support can reduce access to employment opportunities
and residential accommodation.
• In this project, we want to explore the use of a mobile phone app that could support
young people with intellectual disability, to engage with the community and lead a
We are currently looking for:
• Young adults aged 18-30 years
• Who have intellectual disability
• Living in New South Wales (NSW) or Western Australia (WA)
The study involves the use of a mobile phone app for 1 week, wearing an
activity tracker (both provided) and an informal discussion (interview).
For more information contact:
WA: Ciarain Hoey
Phone: 0423 098 239
NSW: Nathan Wilson
Phone: (02) 45701926