Our speech pathologists support people to communicate with the world around them. They also support people to eat and drink safely.
Who might need support from a speech pathologist?
Speech pathology supports individuals with communication development and swallowing disorders. People who experience difficulties in any of the following areas may benefit from the support and services of a speech pathologist:
- Speaking clearly and being understood
- Using language to express ideas
- Using speech to communicate
- Social skills and conversation
- Participating in play
- Eating and drinking
- Attention and listening
How can a speech pathologist help?
Our speech pathologists in Perth support people to achieve communication and mealtime goals. Our speech pathology services include:
- Assessing skills and identifying problem areas
- Providing strategies and ideas
- Modelling therapy strategies and ideas
- Training communication and mealtime partners
- Identifying aids and equipment that can assist