Our physiotherapists support people to improve and maintain their ability to move and function.
Who might need support from a physiotherapist?
People who experience difficulties in any of these areas may benefit from the support of a physiotherapist:
- Fine and gross motor skills (e.g. writing, sitting, crawling, walking)
- Participation in sports and leisure activities (e.g. bike riding)
- Pain management
- Participating in play
- Eating and drinking
- Sensory processing
- Post-operative management
How can a physiotherapist help?
Physiotherapists provide support for mobility, pain, strength, flexibility, balance and co-ordination to help people actively participate and achieve their goals. They do this by:
- Assessing skills and identifying problem areas
- Providing exercises, ‘hands on’ therapy and massage
- Developing fitness programs and activities
- Providing advice for 24 hour positioning
- Support for respiratory issues
- Re-training walking
- Fitting splints
- Identifying aids and equipment that can assist