Yangebup LEGO Group
You’re invited to LEGO Group!
Based on the principles of LEGO-based therapy, LEGO club uses LEGO to support the development of social skills. Participants will be grouped into teams and will work together to complete a project. Each child will have the opportunity to negotiate, share, problem solve and collaborate, amongst other skills.
The benefits of LEGO Club are:
- Uses LEGO as a medium to communicate and build relationships,
- Promotes social interaction,
- Promotes collaborative play in a structured environment,
- Children practice joint attention, social communication, working towards a shared goal, turn-taking and negotiation skills.
Who is this group for?
- Children aged 8 - 12 years who can:
- Maintain attention to seated group tasks for 15 minutes
- Manipulate LEGO bricks
- Enjoy playing with LEGO