Southbank LEGO Club (Younger Children)
You’re invited to LEGO club!
Based on the principles of LEGO-based therapy, LEGO club uses LEGO to support the development of social skills. Participants will be grouped into teams and will work together to complete a project. Each child will have the opportunity to negotiate, share, problem solve and collaborate, amongst other skills.
The benefits of LEGO Club are:
- Uses LEGO as a medium to communicate and build relationships,
- Promotes social interaction,
- Promotes collaborative play in a structured environment,
- Children practice joint attention, social communication, working towards a shared goal, turn-taking and negotiation skills.
Who is this group for?
- Children aged 4 – 7 years who can:
- Sit in a chair at a table,
- Not wander off,
- Maintain listening skills,
- Enjoy and are interested in LEGO.
This group runs for 1 hour.