Southbank AAC Chit-Chat Group
Join us for a Chit-Chat!
Our Chit-Chat with AAC Group has been designed to provide AAC users with an opportunity to meet and foster relationships with fellow AAC users. The group allows for the development of language, communication and device navigation skills in a fun and total communication-friendly environment.
What will I learn?
- Promote social interactions
- Learn more device navigation skills
- Develop and practice social and functional vocabulary and language
- Engage participants in working towards a shared goal
- Support the practice of turn-taking skills
- Build relationships between peers
- Demonstrate the capacity of AAC users to engage in a variety of tasks
Who is this group for?
- This group is for semi-independent / independent AAC users aged 10 -15 years old who can:
- Keep their body in the group
- Use their listening ears
- Want to meet other AAC users
- Enjoy playing games
- Has a parent/caregiver who can attend with them