Out and About Group
Calling all young adults aged 15+!
The Out and About Group is a fantastic opportunity for teenagers and young adults to practice skills related to accessing the community while having fun and socialising.
The group involves working together to build skills related to accessing the community as well as social and conversational skills.
As we will be practising money skills, we kindly ask you to provide a small allowance each day of $10 so you can purchase food or a drink when we are out in the community.
Why should I attend?
- Increase independence and confidence accessing the community
- Improve money skills and build friendships with peers/support network
- Learn about safety and problem solving
What are the requirements?
- SmartRider with sufficient funds and a companion card (if you have one)
- Water to stay hydrated
- Ability to self regulate and manage behaviour
- Independence with self-care i.e. toileting
- Must be able to independently communicate needs and wants with others
|One||Therapy Focus Mirrabooka, 3/77 Honeywell Boulevard|
|Two||Stirling Train Station, Car Park South (Entry from Cedric Street Stirling, next to Stirling Civic Gardens)|
|Three||Stirling Train Station, Car Park South (Entry from Cedric Street Stirling, next to Stirling Civic Gardens)|
|Four||Stirling Train Station, Car Park South (Entry from Cedric Street Stirling, next to Stirling Civic Gardens)|
* Community transport locations will be confirmed after Session 1. Please ensure that you arrive on time for pick up at the end of the session to avoid additional fees.
Register your interest by 10 December 2021!
Please note this group is for Therapy Focus customers only.