Modifying Vehicles and Developing Transport Plans
Gain the knowledge and skills to assess and prescribe vehicle modifications, where the customer is a passenger in the vehicle.
This training will provide the knowledge and skills to assess and prescribe vehicle modifications, where the customer is a passenger in the vehicle. The training progresses to include the development of a transport plan. This training is targeted for therapists who are at application and mastery level for manual wheelchair and power wheelchairs due to the knowledge required around Australian standards for transportation.
What will I learn?
- Independently complete ‘Risk Assessment Checklist for Wheelchair Transportation in Vehicles’, developed by the WA Travel Safe Interagency Group
- Develop and apply an ‘Individualised Transport Plan’
- Assess and prescribe modifications to enable the customer using a wheelchair to be a passenger in the vehicle
- Complete NDIS Assistive Technology Form – Vehicle Modifications
- Overview and Assessment
- Vehicle Suitability and Prescribing Vehicle Modifications in the NDIS
- Developing an Individualised Transport Plan
- Apply an Individualised Transport Plan
Attendees will also take part in a practical component with the opportunity to meet with suppliers and access to modified vehicles.
Lunch and light refreshments will be provided as part of the registration price of $385 + booking fee. Places are limited. Book by Wednesday 10 February 2021 to secure your place.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the training, please contact Therapy Focus on 1300 135 373 or email [email protected]