LEGO Group – Mirrabooka
You’re invited to LEGO Group!
Based on the principles of LEGO therapy, our LEGO Groups use interactive activities to support the development of critical skills. At the sessions, participants are grouped into teams to work together to complete a LEGO project. Each child has the opportunity to work in different roles and practice skills such as listening, turn-taking, negotiation, sharing, problem-solving and working together. A certificate is issued as participants achieve skills in each level.
The benefits of LEGO Club are:
- Uses LEGO as a medium to communicate and build relationships
- Promotes social interaction
- Promotes collaborative play in a structured environment
- Children practice joint attention, social communication, working towards a shared goal, turn-taking and negotiation skills
Who is this group for?
Children* aged 6-10 years who:
- Can maintain listening skills
- Have social skills
- Have language goals
- Enjoy and are interested in LEGO
- Can bring along a small snack and water
- Is able to be screened prior, for suitability
Register your interest by 10 December 2021!
*This group is for Therapy Focus customers only.