Lego Group – Mirrabooka
You’re invited to LEGO® Group!
Based on the principles of LEGO® therapy, our LEGO® Groups use interactive activities to support the development of critical skills. At the sessions, participants are grouped into teams to work together to complete a LEGO® project. Each child has the opportunity to work in different roles and practice skills such as listening, turn-taking, negotiation, sharing, problem-solving and working together. A certificate is issued as participants achieve skills in each level.
The benefits of LEGO® Club are:
- Uses Lego as a medium to communicate and build relationships
- Promotes social interaction
- Promotes collaborative play in a structured environment
- Children practice joint attention, social communication, working towards a shared goal, turn-taking and negotiation skills
Who is this group for?
Children* aged 6-10 years who:
- Can maintain listening skills
- Have social skills
- Have language goals
- Enjoy and are interested in LEGO
- Can bring along a small snack and water
- Is able to be screened prior, for suitability
Register your interest by 10 December 2021!
*This group is for Therapy Focus customers only.