Lego Group – Armadale
You’re invited to LEGO® Group!
LEGO® Group based on the principles of LEGO-based therapy uses LEGO® activities to support the development of social skills. At the sessions, participants are grouped into teams and work together to complete a LEGO® project. Each child has the opportunity to work in different roles and practice important skills such as listening, turn-taking, negotiation, sharing, problem-solving and working together. A certificate is issued as participants achieve skills in each level.
The benefits of LEGO® Club are:
- Uses Lego as a medium to communicate and build relationships,
- Promotes social interaction,
- Promotes collaborative play in a structured environment,
- Children practice joint attention, social communication, working towards a shared goal, turn-taking and negotiation skills.
Who is this group for?
- Children aged 8-12 years who can:
- Sit in a chair at a table,
- Not wander off,
- Maintain listening skills,
- Enjoy and are interested in LEGO.