Our continence clinicians provide specialist support and advice to people with bladder and bowel health issues.
Who might need support from a continence clinician?
People who experience difficulties in any of these areas may benefit from the support of a continence clinician
- Urinary incontinence
- Faecal incontinence
- Nocturnal enuresis
- Toilet training
- Other toileting issues
How can a continence clinician help?
Our continence clinicians come from a range of health disciplines including nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, dietetics and psychology.
They work together and with individuals, families, education staff and healthcare professionals to provide the best in continence care.
You continence clinician can tailor your service to include
- Toileting program development and support
- Management options for incontinence
- Prescription of continence aids (e.g nappies and pads)
- Provision of resources such as charts and social stories
- Parent education and support groups
- Workshops and training opportunities