ParentWorks Spectrum: An integrated parenting program for children with autism
ParentWorks Spectrum is a free 12-week online parenting program.
Families can participate from anywhere in Australia.
Who can participate?
- Parents/caregivers of children aged between 2 and 5 years 11 months with a diagnosis of autism
(Level 2 or 3).
What is the study about?
- This study is examining the effectiveness of a brief parenting program ParentWorks Spectrum for
young children with autism.
- Parents and children taking part in this project are randomly allocated to receive ParentWorks
Spectrum immediately or to wait 12 weeks before receiving the program.
What is ParentWorks Spectrum?
- ParentWorks Spectrum is a 12-week online parenting program that provides parents with strategies to
manage child behavioural difficulties and promote positive parent-child interactions to help children
develop social, communication and emotional regulation skills.
- Parents will also be provided with strategies to support parent wellbeing and parental teamwork.
- This research may lead to the development of an effective early intervention to improve child behaviour
and social-communication skills for children with autism and support parents.
How do I get involved?
- Contact the researchers at the University of Sydney to find out more about the research. Email your
enquiry about ParentWorks Spectrum to [email protected] or call (02) 9114 4326.