Development and Evaluation of the Autistic Trait Inventory for Children
Researchers at the University of Western Australia aim to develop a new caregiver report questionnaire for measuring autistic traits in children (aged 4 to 12 years old).
What is involved?
- Attend two focus group meetings (around 1-2 hours each) at the University of Western Australia campus in Crawley
- Participate in focus group sessions with 3 to 6 other people
- Participate in activities and discussions designed to brainstorm different autistic traits
- Provide your views, advice and feedback on the wording of the questionnaire
Who can participate in this study?
- Autistic adults (18+ years)
- Primary caregiver of an autistic child (4-12 years)
- Based in Perth
What are the benefits?
Your input will help the researchers develop a questionnaire for measuring autistic traits in children that:
- captures the diverse range of autistic traits
- is developed through consultation with the autistic community
- is written in a way that is easy to understand and uses respectful and neurodiversity-affirmative language
Participants would be reimbursed $40 per focus group for their time and to cover travel costs.
How do I sign up?
Focus group sessions are planned to run before 20 December and again in early 2024. Specific dates and times are to be confirmed.
For more information and to submit your expression of interest, email Georgia Horsburgh.
This study has been approved by the University of Western Australia, in accordance with its ethics review and approval procedures. Ethics Reference: 2022/ET000904