We help people with disabilities successfully navigate the transitions in their life.
How we can help
Our team of qualified therapists and support staff help children and adults with disabilities, their families and carers develop skills and strategies to transition to new environments. Examples of transitions we can provide support for include:
- Starting school for the first time
- Moving from primary school to high school
- Leaving high school to pursue post school training or work opportunities
- Moving from the family home to respite or shared accommodation
Support can include:
- Establishing routines, schedules and work systems
- Developing the specific skills required for the new environment. For example, reading a timetable for high school, using transport to get to work, understanding instructions in the classroom
- Collaboration with key people in the new environment to better support the individual
- Provision of aids and equipment to support transitions
Our service is flexible and tailored to the needs of each individual, their family and carers.