Social Skills & Community
We help people with disabilities develop their social skills, form meaningful relationships and actively participate in the community.
How we can help
Our qualified therapists and Family Connect Workers help children and adults with disabilities develop social skills and become more confident in every day social situations. We also encourage and support individuals, their families and carers to explore opportunities and actively participate in their local community.
Support can include:
- Exploring and mapping out interests, strengths and community opportunities
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to community participation
- Increasing access to the community and positive experiences
- Developing public transport knowledge and skills
- Using the phone, computer and other technologies
- Developing personal safety and problem solving skills
- Forming different types of relationships
Our service is flexible and tailored to the needs of each individual, their family and carers.