In Western Australia the State Government is trialing an adapted model of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) known as the WA NDIS.
The WA NDIS trial is taking place in the local government areas of Cockburn, Kwinana, Armadale, Murray, Serpentine-Jarrahdale and the Lower Southwest. Support is available to people with disabilities and their families who live in these areas.
WA NDIS supports people with disability to:
- identify their needs, strengths, goals and aspirations and capture these elements in their WA NDIS plan
- explore pathways and strategies to reach the goals outlined in their plan
- choose the supports and services that best suit their needs
- develop stronger links with their local community
- build on natural supports such as friendships, neighbours and local community groups
Therapy Focus is a registered service provider for the WA NDIS and can support people in both trial areas. Some of the specialist supports we offer include:
- Prescription and supply of specialised equipment
- Advice on home modifications
- Support for transitions
- Behaviour support
- Assistance with dysphagia, feeding and resistant eating
- 24 hour positioning
- AAC (Assistive Augmentative Communication)
- Support to participate in community activities
The supports you receive are based on a plan that you develop with a WA NDIS Local Coordinator that takes into account your needs, goals and aspirations.
How it works
If you are eligible for WA NDIS, you will receive funding each year to purchase the services, aids and equipment that you have been assessed as needing by your WA NDIS Coordinator. You can choose either to self-manage your own funds by making claims personally, or choose to have your funds managed on your behalf.
Use the Am I Eligible checker to find out if you are eligible to access WA NDIS.
Phone: 1800 996 214